Preparing for any competitive exam is an uphill task for the majority of students. An essential condition of achieving success in any competitive exam is systematic and well-planned preparation coupled with single-minded dedication. If you are determined to succeed, nothing can deter you from achieving your goal.
Here we are discussing some simple strategies that make the preparation process more manageable and convenient:
- Effective Time Management
- Winners and losers, all have 24 hours in a day. But what differentiates the two is the way they manage this time effectively and efficiently.
- First and foremost, analyze your daily and weekly activities and drop any futile and time consuming activities, at least for the time being.
- Make a study plan thinking rationally and realistically. Some competitive exams take months of rigorous preparation, so allow that much time to avoid stress and frustration.
- Get in-depth knowledge of the syllabus. You should know what to study and how to study. Subscribe to some entrance exam magazines to get timely updates on syllabus.
- Make a timetable and set realistic goals for the completion of specific topics and subjects.
- Allocate morning time to prepare for comparatively tough subjects as your mind is fresh at that time. Leave the last hours of the day to study easier topics.
- Revision is vital to any study plan so leave ample time for revision to avoid last minute confusion and stress.
- Create a mood to study and work on increasing concentration:
- According to studies if you study the same subject, at the same time and the same place your brain gets trained accordingly and over time you automatically get in the mood to study.
- Find a comfortable place to sit and study. It is best to study on a comfortable chair and table as it helps you sit in an upright position. For those of you who get bored easily, there is no harm in changing place after some time.
- Revise whatever you have learned within 24 hours for best memorization.
- Eliminate any distractions, turn off your phones, and limit internet surfing time unless it is needed for studies.
- Make short notes as they come in handy to revise days before the exam.
- Take some mock tests and attempt previous years’ papers within the stipulated time period to get familiarized with the final test.
- Learn relaxation techniques and make time for rejuvenation:
- Exams can be overwhelming especially when the final date is near. It’s natural to be tensed but don’t let stress get the better of you because all your preparation can go in vain if you are psyched up.
- Relaxation is imperative in order to allow the mental faculties to exercise the greatest freedom.
- Practicing meditation and breathing exercises are proven relaxation techniques. Do some physical exercise and go out enjoying nature and fresh air as they ease out tensions and melt away stress.
- Get some entrance exam magazines and read them in your leisure time.
Finally, you need to remember that if you stay focused, clarify your concepts and prepare with clear and honest intentions, you will surely actualize your aspirations. Remember, if others can, so can you!