Self-awareness is having a clear perception of our personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. It is the capacity to introspect and the ability to recognize oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals. Self-awareness allows us to understand other people, how they perceive us, our attitude and our responses to them. Having awareness creates the opportunity to make changes in behaviour and beliefs. In the real sense self-awareness is in exploring the qualities of enthusiasm, power, love, respect, originality, beauty and much more in our-self and create a powerful world around us.
- Self-awareness is an important factor in achieving success.
- It is the first step in creating what we want in our life and mastering our life.
- It allows us to see where our thoughts and emotions are taking us.
- It also allows us to take control of our emotions, behaviour, and personality so that we can make changes we want.
- Only when we are aware in the moment of our thoughts, emotions, words, and behaviour, we can make changes in the direction of our life.
- Our emotions can be changed with changing the interpretations in our mind.
- As we are able to make changes in the thoughts and interpretations we make in our mind, we develop self-awareness.
- With this ability to change the interpretations in our mind of what we think, we can change our emotions and shift the emotional quality of our relationships.
- When we can change the emotions in our relationships we open up entirely new possibilities in our life.
- Self-awareness is developed through practices in focusing our attention on the details of our personality and behaviour.
- Where we focus our attention, emotions, reactions, personality and behaviour, determine where we go in life.
- Making changes in your behaviour is much easier to do when you catch them early in the dynamic, before the momentum of thought and emotion has gathered steam.
- The changes in your mind and behaviour become simple and easy steps when we develop self- awareness.
Ironically, most of us live under the assumption that we know ourselves better than we know anyone else, but this is not often the case.