Every student who passes out of any school needs to appear in one competitive exam or the other in order to pursue higher studies. Being successful in any of these competitive exams is a guarantee of gaining admission to the prestigious Academic institutions across India. What inevitably follows is a glorious career and untroubled life.
These exams are designed to check your knowledge in various sections and the key to ace those lies in “effective” learning. A very vital fact is that everyone knows what to study but a few know how to study. There are various learning hacks that can help you get sure-shot success in any competitive exam. Here are a few tips that will come in handy while preparing for various competitive exams like:
- Know what you are aiming for – don’t follow your friend’s or family’s dreams while deciding your career. Be clear about your aims and aspirations and start preparing for the relevant competitive exam. Understand its prerequisites, scan through the syllabus, get the relevant competitive exam books and current affair books and prepare accordingly.
- Follow a timetable – It is the most trusted method that disciplines your study schedule. It is best to sync your school timetable with your home study schedule. Whatever you study in school, come home and revise the same and prepare short notes.
- Eliminate rote learning; learn the concepts – Understanding the basic concepts should be your priority throughout your preparation. A thorough and deep knowledge of the concepts beats rote learning technique on any given day.
- Shorter study sessions are better – Long, strenuous study hours are no good. Psychologists say that students learn as much in one-hour sessions spread over four days as they learn in one six-hour session. A well-planned study schedule can cut your study time by at least 30%.
- Prepare Notes and Memorizing tips – Making short notes on every topic, underlining keywords in the text books, creating memory tips or interesting acronyms to remember formulae, equations or difficult terminologies; all these are the most effective tools to remember what you have studied.
- Take time to rejuvenate – don’t be a bookworm, take out time from your study schedule and indulge in your favorite activity to relax your body and mind.
- Save enough time for Revision and Self–evaluation – Make sure to revise thoroughly what you have studied and evaluate yourself from time to time. Take the help of good sample papers for effective preparation.
We hope these tips will help you to prepare for the competitive exams in a much better way and ace them confidently.